Monday, May 20, 2013

Sliding Out of Town and Into a New Decade

This year my birthday is a little different than usual.  I am out of town.  I don't think this has ever happened to me in my 39 years.   39....nine....nine....nine {it echos and haunts me in my brain when I say it}

I was asked to go with the district curriculum team to a conference for the next 4 days.  It's the week before school is out for us. 9 days to be exact.  I am leaving my students for 4 of the nine days.  My desk is filled with activities for the kids.  I know they will be just *fine* because they are a very nice group and I have the best sub ever.

*fine with a pinch of tom foolery and a dash of tattle talery*

 It's just hard to believe I am not going to see them until Friday!  I return on field day Friday.  Can you picture it?  Are the emotions running through you like they are for me? 
 {last year's slip and slide on field day} 


To celebrate my long distance birthday, I am throwing a 24 hour birthday sale extravaganza....ganza...ganza.....{that was the echo}
Just click the picture above to head to my store.  My entire store is 20% off.  I would have set it at 39%....nine....nine....nine..... but it's just too haunting!

14 comments:

  1. Awwww....Happy birthday. That would be totally hard for me to leave my kiddos for four days right now too. But you are right. They will be fine. I know this, because you are amazing, so I know you left them well prepared. Have fun. Enjoy your birthday freedom...free to take a potty break when you need to, free to eat a lunch that takes more than 15minutes...all those things we can't do on a regular day! ;)
    Wallis
    First Grade Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I turn 38 this summer and I know the feeling of those numbers not even seeming real :) I mean, in my head I'm still 25!!! I hope you enjoy your 4 days of conference!
    ~Christy
    Mrs. Holder’s First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I turned 40 last year and I LOVE it! 35 was tough, 40 - no prob!
    I can't believe your field day pic - that looks fierce! Our FD is tomorrow and it will probably cone toss games and relays.
    Stretch out your special day...celebrate today & when you return home!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!

    That giant slip and slide looks like so much fun! I wonder if I can convince my school to do this!

    Heidi
    Secondgradealicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crack me up! Hope you have had a fantastic birthday today!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, young lady! I remember being 39 :)
    Anita
    Mrs. Bremer’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! The slip and slide looks amazing!!!

    ❀Jodi
    Fun In First

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! I already had the shock of 39 this year... Have a great conference!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to the sweetest blogging friend EVER!!! I will be even better when I can FINALLY give you a real big hug!!! How fun is that slip and slide!!!! Seriously...who wouldn't want to be in your class! I want to be in your class!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to print the puppy sight word cards and certificates because I teach prek and don't need an entire puppy palooza packet. Do you sell a la carts items? Also,when I click the pic above it doesn't take me to your store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swersty has the blank certificates here

      http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Blank-Student-Awards-Puppy-Palooza-Style-690984

      It's only $1.50 more for the whole unit to get the sight words. Good luck!

      They just added Transitional Kinder to our campus for next year, and we can't wait to see all the Littles toodling around :)

      Delete
  11. Happy birthday!! I hope you enjoyed your four days away!! Hope you enjoyed Field Day! I'm a fellow Texan blogger and new follower! :)

    Kelli
    Surviving the Little People

    ReplyDelete