Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Psst! Hey You!! Want a Freebie?

Ew sorry!

I feel like the creepy man that drives a large white windowless van and parks next to a school with puppies and candy.  Sorry about that!

But seriously, freebies are to teachers what candy and puppies are to children.
I am still speaking in test.  Our district reading common assessment was this morning.

Not only did we rock the tests in the morning, but after lunch my 45 minute evaluation happened.  (Ours are unannounced)

When it was over I may have rewarded the children with cash, candy, and puppies while I was on my euphoric evaluation afterglow.   I can't be sure but I may have heard, "Best teacher ever chanted a few times" and I thought, "Oh boy, I may regret this later." ...but only for like a split second and then I went back to being euphoric.

You see, I am still trying to undo that rash decision I made in the fall to do the robot while transitioning. Now every transition there is at least one robot making it's way to the rug.  Why don't they forget those little moments like they forget to put their names on their papers? 

Tomorrow is our last day before Spring Break.  (Don't be hatin'...I have NEVER had a snow day in my life so I need a break like a speeding blind man.

Awkward transition {commence the robot}

We are having our third science day of the year.  We have them on the last day of each quarter.  Because we will be off for the week leading up to St. Patrick's Day, I made some fun math worksheets to keep my kids busy in between science experiments tomorrow.  (I am letting them live up the leprechaun fun since I won't see them until after March 17th.)
There are 4 first grade classrooms at my school this year.  Each one of us will be conducting a different experiment tomorrow for science day, and our students will rotate through each classroom.

I am doing an experiment on sink or float but I took it to the next level because it is fresh water vs. salt water.  I am also exposing kids to the terms buoyancy and density and as always using the scientific method along the way.
The lesson I am teaching comes straight out of my Big Blue Ocean Unit

We are supposed to have a hot air balloon during specials for all the students, but due to the HIGH winds we have been having we have been told that we will have to wait and see what the wind does.



Can you imagine?!

It should be an interesting day tomorrow! 

15 comments:

  1. Haha! I make many a rash decision to dance in front of my students who CANNOT handle it... does it stop me? Nope.

    I need you to know that my kids are OBSESSED with Looking for a Leprechaun. They think Leprechauns are as real as their 10 toes. I've also convinced them I'm a leprechaun because my birthday is March 16th. So in short, thanks sooooo much!

    Brittany
    Closing the Gap... in a Cute Outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany!
    That is SO cool! We made the leprechauns from that unit today (after the eval) and they were SO excited! I am so glad you like that unit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reagan

    This sounds like so much fun. We use to do a day like this as well with math activities, we called it Math Mania. We also have Spring Break following this week, we only go 1/2 a day on Friday.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute freebie! Thanks for sharing! Perfect for our kiddos as we are just getting back to adding and subtracting in math.

    :) Tamra and Sarah
    firstgradebuddies2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the freebie! Glad your evaluation went well! Spring break next week....I'm hating..it's the hater-ation nation!! Enjoy your well deserved break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the freebie... We just started subtraction.
    Mary
    Sharing Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I just LOVE this freebie because my birthday is on March 17th!! This is PERFECT for us right now!! And that Big Blue Ocean pack of yours is AWESOME:) Of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the freebies! :) I'll use them for my morning work next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the freebie! So glad your eval went well. Ours are not a surprise. We have to send dates we want her to come in. I feel a little more stressed with the scheduled ones! This is our first formal using the Marzano evaluation. The robot comment is hilarious! Why CAN"T they remember to put their name on the paper?? LOL!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the freebie. Perfect for morning work when my kiddos return from spring break to find the leprechaun has visited our room! :)

    Wallis
    First Grade Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the freebies - they're so cute!
    Teachin' First

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the leprechauns- thanks for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. An eval on the same day as your testing? Not fair! But I'm glad it went well.

    Side note- I love the visual of a random kid being a robot every time you transition. Maybe it's not so funny to you anymore, but it made me smile.

    Thank you for freebies!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete