Sunday, February 10, 2013

Valentine's Day Week!

This week we have SO much planned that I didn't even put our Valentine's Party on my plans!  The last hour of the day on Thursday kids will exchange Valentines.  Don't you love this party the most of the other parties?  They are so sweet and thankful to each other...
(For at least 30 seconds...)

Here's the smilebox I sent to parents of our learning last week.  (I have permission to show my sweeties)
The song I chose is by Maddy Seitles You've Got a Friend
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own free picture slideshow


Here's a look at the plans for this week.
Click the picture below to download and use the links.

 Since Valentine's Day is Thursday I am super excited to break into my hot pink construction paper that I ordered last month, and make Cupcake's I CHEWS you gumball machine craft!  SO adorable!  I know my students will love it. 
Another tradition I have is for each student of mine to make a staff member of our school a Valentine.  We do the Froggy Read Aloud FROGGY'S VALENTINE and then make Froggy holding a heart.  My students write to a staff member (their choice) and we deliver them on V-Day.


 I let them add tongues and bows...You know every frog wants to accessorize!


We will also do a Tacky the Penguin Book-A-Thon during reader's workshop.  And then at the end we will make this craft! (It may get pushed into next week, but for now it's on for Friday)
 They will use their best reading response to display with Tacky! 
The craft comes from my Winter Art and Writing and the Reading response does too but I have a bigger variety of reading responses with a penguin theme {HERE}.

I needed some inspiration in my Daily 5 and Small Group time so I have been working on activities that involve a little more from the kids now that they can handle it better.  Don't get me wrong, I am a center girl at heart and my students LOVE a center!  This involves both centers, printables, and creating!  Yippee!  I think I have covered all the bases!  Plus my morning messages were getting..A.BIT.REPETITIVE.  I hunkered down and created 20 new and different Good Morning Messages.



Hope you have a wonderful week! 

8 comments:

  1. We'll be making staff members valentines with our Kindergarten buddies tomorrow! I am so excited. Your Froggy ones look adorable!

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the froggys!! We are too cute! I hope you have a great Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great pack! I'm picking it up now. You are going to be saving my life with those Morning Messages.

    I was definitely in a Morning Message rut... so many thanks :-)

    Brittany
    Closing the Gap... in a Cute Outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That frog is funky adorable. Love it!
    I think it is awesome that you smilebox your families periodically. Parents must absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay...I just love everything about this post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, do you ever sleep? This pack looks great. I love all of the cute ideas you shared.
    Tammy
    Primary Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love the whole valentine to a staff member!!!! Such a great idea!!!!
    Love the Tacky craft, too. Too cute!!!!!!!!!
    Your new pack is AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome Smilebox! It makes me want to make one with my class pictures. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas!!

    ReplyDelete