Sunday, February 24, 2013

Looking Back and Heading Forward

This week has been extra special for me!  George Washington's birthday (the 22nd) is genius boy's birthday.  He turned 11.  We had an ice skating party.

The best part of the party was when I decided to try ice skating.  I was nervous.  I didn't want to embarrass myself or my preteen at his party.  As I made my way around the ice for the first time I was clutching the side.  Genius boy came up to me and grabbed my hand to steady me.  He held my hand all the way around the rink while giving me skating advice!  My heart exploded!  I am never going to forget that feeling.  I asked one of the moms to take our picture.  The only problem is that to stop myself for the picture, I almost pushed genius boy down on the ice.
Another great part of my week was hosting the hall pass linky!  Oh my goodness! I met so many new bloggers!  I am so grateful for every link up!  What fun we had this week!  I still have submissions coming in!  Thank you!

In class we spent the week studying up on our presidents.  We ended our week with a craft that was too cute! 
 Each student wrote what they would do if they were president.  Many said stop drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes.  Some said to build homes, or keep people safe.  One said they would take more days off of school.  He has my vote!!!

Now to looking ahead!  Here are the week's plans! 
Click to view and each item has a clickable link!
I am excited to share a new product. 
We have been in need of a better way to teach Parts of Speech so I created a pack just for that need!
Here's what it looks like


It's on sale for 24 hours!  I hope you will check it out!
Want to see more visual plans?! 
Well head over to Dee Dee Will's Kindergarten to check out her lesson plan linky! She is the true originator of visual plans!

11 comments:

  1. You are adorable! Looks like you had fun. There is no way I could ice skate (like on purpose vs. stepping out onto my patio). Thank you for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special day for you- get those hugs when ever you can- mine is 15 and it's tough. Loved you presidents. We made coins with ourselves as president and one of mine said 4 day school week. Definitely a vote from me. I also have them take an oath (aka brainwash them) to make sure they remember when they become president, they should have a special dinner where they invite their kindergarten teacher to the White House :) It's awesome. I'm going to add the photo too -those turned out soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun skating! I just added your Parts of Speech pack to my cart....just what I was looking for!
    BTW....love the presidents!
    Sharon
    Buggy for First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. so fun... can't believe he is 11... WOWZERS!!! you still make me want to teach 1st :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a lovely lady! No wonder your son is so proud!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so young in that picture!! Love the new pack!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly!!!! How do you do it!?!? Super-Mom! Super-Teacher! Super Home-Office Decorator! Super-TpT Seller!! Super-Funny!!! Super-Linky Hostess!! You're my FAVORITE! I HAVE TO HAVE that Parts of Speech pack!

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pic of you and your son is adorable!
    Jenn
    Finally in First

    ReplyDelete
  9. You create, blog, teach, AND ice skate? AMAZING! Your son is adorable! The Calendar notebook file you forwarded was a HUGE hit with the kids today! I still have more to practice with it but this is definitely going to be a daily keeper! Your visual lesson plans are fantastic! I linked up with Deedee too and perhaps you can take a peek at my week and tell me what you think!
    Thank you so much, for sharing and being so thoughtful!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete