Friday, February 15, 2013

Five For Friday!

This is my first time linking up with Doodle Bugs for her Five for Friday Linky!

But also want to link up with Simpson's Superstars because she is just so sweet to me and I adore her! Her linky is about sharing how your Valentine's Day went! 

I kicked off my Valentine's Week with a burst blood vessel in my eye!  (I just woke up with it!) So I spent my Valentine's Day like a pirate! Aaaargh!

The kids were seriously grossing out so my girl, Wersty came to my rescue with a patch from her pirate library lessons.  We covered it in hearts for Valentine's Day!
I apologize for the next picture but I have to show you what I woke up to!
 I feel nothing but it looks FREAKY!

We had a fabulous V-Day and the most hilarious part was when Tony came home bearing gifts and one of baby girl's balloons was in Spanish.  We asked him why he chose this one, and he did a double take said he thought it said, "Be my princess."  We all laughed so hard!!

 Tears were rolling out of my eye patch.

Now every other word we say happens to be BESAME PRINCESA in a super thick accent. 

Another highlight of V-day was Cupcake's Craft!  It was the HIT of the day!

We are beak deep in our penguin studies so today they measured and created these cuties to exact height and we compared and contrasted the rockhopper to the king.  

Finally at drive ups, (after school duty) I wasn't wearing the patch and other first graders in my care were questioning my "bloody eyeball".  One of my own students spoke up and said, "That's what I have been dealing with all week!"  I apologized for her having to "deal with my eye" all week.  ;)

HAPPY LONG WEEKEND!!!!

25 comments:

  1. That first grader's comment was too funny! Love the gumball machine valentine!
    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I have to say, that does look freaky, but painful. Your gumballs came out adorable. :)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha kids say the darndest things :)

    Hope it looks better ASAP!

    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha!! that last comment made me laugh out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tears rolling out of your eye patch...hee hee hee


    Love ya, Reagan!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gumballs, Eyeballs and Spanish balloons! You have had quite the week:)

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had that same thing happen with my eye a few times--I was told I could have sneezed too hard or blew my nose to hard and that could have caused it! Ever since then, if I feel I sneezed too hard, I check my eyes! HA! I hope it clears up soon, but it's just a waiting game....Good thing you have that eyepatch! :) Your poor kids having to deal with it and all-ha ha ha....
    Stacee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahahahaha! Kids are hilarious. I love how Teri's gumball crafts turned out. Besame Princesa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The eyepatch was such a smart idea! I had that happen to me near the beginning of the school year. Mine lasted for two months. I hope yours goes away much sooner, but even if it doesn't your kids will start to get used to it.

    Jamie
    Sixth Grade Tales

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a burst blood vessel for New Year's 2000. Looking back I wish I'd had a cool pirate eye patch, lol!

    Have a great weekend!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the eye patch! I would have thought my teacher was sooo cool! Hope you heal quickly:)

    Aloha,
    Corinna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa...your eyeball looks freaky for real! Like Twilight, before they eat and their eyes are blood red, freaky! Too bad it's not Halloween! Besame Princesa! HA! Hilarious!!
    Kerri B
    Teacher Bits and Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you just love when first graders say the most ridiculous things!? LOVE the gum all machines!! Pinning for next year!

    Andrew
    Mr. First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not gonna lie. . .your eye is kind of freaky looking. But honestly the spanish balloon picture is HILARIOUS!!!!!! I'm hosting a linky for people to share their Valentine's Day pictures, I'd love for you to link up this post if you have time (freaky eye and all). Enjoy your weekend.

    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW thanks for the bloggy love. Thanks for making me smile : )

      Delete
  15. You're just adorbs! Hearts, eye patch and all:) So cute and the balloon thing cracked me up!!! Too funny! Wish we could do all those fun crafts....only 5 teacher days until the big bad state writing test....blah!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahahahah! Kids says the darndest things!! Love those penguins and Cupcake's craft!!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness - that looks terrible. Good thinking on the eye patch. I am sure it would have been distracting to students ALL DAY :) Your gumball machines look great!

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh no! Your poor eye...but the eyepatch totally rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is one big ouchie! Don't worry a princess will kiss it and make it go away :)
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad your eye looks worse than it feels... because it looks bad!!! Do those just go away?!? I've never had a burst blood vessel!

    Love the penguins!

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the penguins & I hope your eye is better!!
    ✿Sue
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG! I am so glad I am not the only teacher who gets burst blood vessels in the eyes! I get them about twice a year and it is always funny to see my kids reactions! It is definitely a way to make sure they keep their eyes on me! My hubby calls it my DRACULA eye! Lol

    ReplyDelete