Monday, December 17, 2012

Visual Plans For a Busy Week


Making my plans and prepping my lessons was difficult.  I bought 21 teddy bears and plan to have a hug fest tomorrow at school whether or not I have to have any talk about anything with them, I want them to know I love them first and foremost.  I hope to save the teddy bears for Christmas gifts along with a book I have for each student.  I think the best thing I can do for them is to provide normalcy and tenderness. 

Here are the visual plans.  We have TONS of things going on this week which should provide a great distraction to the outside world.

When you click on the plans you will find free lessons and some TpT goodies that I am using this week.  We have Science Day, Polar Express Day and lots of Christmas themed learning.

A couple links will take you to my posts from last year so you can see what we did on that day last year and some are just free on google docs for you to snag.  

I hope it helps those of you that have one more week until vacation!
Click to download and then all the links should work for you. 


Much love fellow teachers...

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. Our students will always remember that we cared about them. That is the most important thing!
    Your plans look great! Your students are going to be very busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot begin to imagine the heartache that the loved ones are feeling.
    As teachers, the children we teach are like our own. Our class is like our family.

    As I read your weekly plans, I cannot help notice the time that you start your day. Do you start instruction at 7.30am?
    I am from Australia and our students don't start till 9.15am. We finish at 3.30pm.
    It would be a very long day for little ones.

    Rhonda
    Classroom Fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll be celebrating Polar Express Day on Thursday too.

    Hope your hug fest went well today! My kiddos were starting to look at me sideways, I was just a little clingy today ;) but for good reason.

    Hugs to you!

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same, I have exactly twenty students and I made sure to hug them all today. We had Grinch day today, Polar express day on Thursday and gingerbread party Friday. I am happy to do all I can to let my students how much I love them.. As always I love your visual plans.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete