Sunday, December 2, 2012

Visual Lesson Plans For Gingerbread Week

 What do you do for Gingerbread Week at your school?
Do you have a week dedicated to a cookie?
Here's what goes down at our school.  
The picture shows the books I read this week but if you click it you will head to amazon to check out  gingerbread stories...
 These are my visual plans for the week.  If you click below it will open my plans and you can click them to find where I got the units and lesson ideas.
 Do your students ask you how many days until Christmas every single day?!  I start with this craft the first week of December.  Students tear off a link each day and count how many more days are left! It's great for the concept of subtraction!  (and most importantly...teacher sanity) Click below to head to that craft.
I always forget to add my monthly quilt to my visual plans, but one day out of the month we create the new geometric quilt and add it to the wall of quilts. 
This year I updated my Dear Santa Letter....We do this the first week of December so I can make copies of their wish lists and send them home for their families.  I keep the original and make a bulletin board outside my classroom.
Happy gingerbread week!  My new unit is on sale this week and I will give it away for free to the first 3 commenters! Thanks for reading!  Have a great week!


18 comments:

  1. I love these! Great job!

    Lora
    lorajwebster@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I would LOVE it!!!

    Karyn
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super awesome! Great for winter activities!

    Deanna
    dj1991ac@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty snazzy!

    I love your blog & we're doing all things gingy next week too. Where'd you get that shirt BTW?

    kking@d49.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Looks great. I really love the monthly quilts. Cool idea :)

    Kate
    katewintuska@nsightbb.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang! I barely missed it. It looks great though.
    Where did you get the Oh, snap shirt? I love it!
    Jennifer
    loularkin@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading all the different versions of the Gingerbread Man. My students like the one where he is eaten by an eagle---I think that version is out of print.

    Shelly
    Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the gingerbread ideas...but really, eating the cookies is the best part! (Sorry Gingy!)

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are making your bells tomorrow! And we made Techy Santa Friday! I forgot to take pictures! Darn!

    Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
    Mrs. Wheeler TpT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Techy Santa is too cool! Your kids will have a blast this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how fun that all looks - you know what I'm going to say, don't you?!? But we can't do 'em...BOO. But....we can do Gingerbread Man...woo hoo...can't wait. Love all your ideas, Reagan!!!!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in love with Techy Santa!! Have fun this week!! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish we could have a gingerbread week!!! It looks like so much fun!!!
    Love the Dear Santa letters!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. EVERYTHING you do is INCREDIBLE!! We are doing our gingerbread day tomorrow:) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it all!!! I'm doing gingerbread this week, too! :)
    Nicole
    Teaching With Style

    ReplyDelete