Sunday, December 9, 2012

Plans, Crafts, Parent Gifts, and Let's Meet!

It's time to plan the week again!

 Below I have my visual plans,  December crafts, parent gifts, and math centers.  I hope something you click on leads you to just what you need to rock out this week! 

First, my visual plans.
Click on the reindeer and you will open my lesson plans.  From there you click on the items right on the plan. I am excited to share that I am using Glady's Reindeer Magic Unit this week!  It's wonderful!  I hope you will check it out.  I heard a rumor that my 45 minute eval. could possibly happen this week {ours are unscheduled} and I would be thrilled to be using her unit if it does! Her blog is teaching in high heels! So adorable!
For those odd moments or 10 minutes left here and there I also plan to pull from my stocking! :)

Plus we need to make some Christmas cards for our reading buddies, custodians, and lunch staff!   I have a Merry Christmas short and sweet writing template in the stocking that I plan to squeeze in this week at some point!
Both of these crafts that I am doing this week come from a Christmas Art Projects Pack.  It has templates, read aloud suggestions, and writing too if you need it. Click the craft pictures below to head to my store where you can get all 5 crafts to use every December!
 We have really gotten into our December Math Centers.  They are called Up on the Rooftop.   These are going so well that our math center time has really gotten longer and more in depth! Click on the pictures below to get your own set.
 Finally, it is time to start making the parent gifts.  Our first grade team makes these Sock Snowmen every year.  They are made out of tube socks, rice, batting or fiber fill from the craft sewing section, and then fun little felt and pom accessories. 
Also I have some fun news!!!
December 27th at 6pm at Chuy's in San Antonio (across from The Forum shopping center) 
We are having a blogger meet up!  If you can possibly be in the San Antonio area we would love to meet you!  There are some great bloggers already RSVPed and I plan to share more about that in a post this week!  I just wanted to get the date out there so you could start planning! 

and big news for me is that I am attending a Kim Adsit, SDE conference on Tuesday here in San Antonio!  Is anyone else attending? I am trying to stay calm, but I have been planning this for months and I could not be more excited!  
Have a great week!  
10 more days until vacation!

11 comments:

  1. Love to see you plans! Thank you for sharing those!!
    Super jelous about the meet up! Wish I could make it. Love love love San Antonio!
    Michelle @ Smitten With First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am LOVING the snowman craft! I will be using that this year for my parent gift. Thanks for the directions on how to make them. A.DOR.ABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun week you have planned! I enjoy looking at your visual plans. I bought your Stocking of Goodies. They are going to help me the next NINE (yes, magical number is NINE) days!

    Thanks for sharing all of your ideas!
    ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your snowman craft and your centers look so fun!! I am hoping to be there for the meet up!!

    Kristen
    A Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Teacher's Stocking looks great! Cute crafts, also! I think we are finally making the count down bells from your pack! Better late than never!

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
    Mrs. Wheeler TpT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your visual plans! Makes me want to do everything you have planned...so fun! Oooohhh...and I can't wait for the meet up...so excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait for the meet up!!! You know this girl will be there!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your Monday Made It linky and I have a FUN idea for a Christmas linky party but am VERY new to blogging and am just figuring all this out! Would you be interested in checking out my blog and emailing me and then I will email you back with my idea and maybe we can have the linky party together? My blog is
    http://theverybusyfirstgraders.blogspot.com/ and my email is kshort@murraycsd.org! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your snowman gifts. And I wish I lived in your area... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those snowman are so cute!

    I'm so wishing I was near San Antonio!

    ReplyDelete