Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Run Turkey Run!


Today we learned what a verb is with a fun turkey themed lesson!
On Friday we have our Turkey Trot which is like a kid's version of a 5K at our school.  The students get totally pumped and it's a fun day for them.  It's so highly motivating for my students that I thought it was a great time to get some running turkey legs happening!
 First we started with the book, Run Turkey Run.
Then we made a circle map of turkey verbs.
The student that thought of an action got to stand up and act it out as we all shouted it.  "Dance Turkey Dance!" "Fly Turkey Fly!" "Swim Turkey Swim!"
 Then students set out to make their turkey verb visuals.  Each chose a verb from our circle map and quickly made turkey legs in action to remind us that verbs are actions!
This one cracks me up....Pray Turkey Pray!
 Nap Teacher Nap is my next lesson....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

26 comments:

  1. SOOO cute Reagan! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out great. LOVE IT and love that book :)

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally Love- "Pray Turkey Pray!" Great activity. I love everything you do. You're such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea! I love the turkey legs!

    Bren P.
    The Teacher Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha!!!! Love it all! Too precious!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! How cute is that!! This is being pinned right away by me! Thank you.

    Em
    curiousfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is darling! Very Creative!
    ஐRikki
    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable, creative and fun! Great job:)

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh the turkey legs are precious~

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute!! What a great idea!! We are doing verbs this week too!

    ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has me in stitches laughing!! LOVE the TURKEY VERBS and can't wait to try it with my firsties! Thanks so much for a fabulous idea!

    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Reagan! Those turkey legs are so stinkin' precious! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fan-flippin'-tastic . . . I love this activity! Pinned and placed in the file for next year. I wish we had more time before Turkey Break . . . ahhhhhh :) Hugs!

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE those knobby knees!! Too cute.
    ❀Jodi
    Fun In First

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this! I need to find this book. Thanks for sharing!

    Laura
    Kinder Kraziness

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those turkey legs are the BEST! What a fabulous idea! Thanks. :)

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  17. We made these today! They turned out so adorable. Check out a picture on my Facebook page.
    Learning with Mrs. Parker Facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Wow! I'm so going to use this next week when we are learning about verbs! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    Becca
    First Grade in Foxwell Forest

    ReplyDelete
  19. AHH, this is so cute, what a great idea. Can't wait to use it for next year, sadly our thanksgiving is over. Although I have contemplated celebrating american thanksgiving with my class just cuz all you teachers have given me so many great ideas!
    Dynelle
    http://firstgradefunmrsdunn.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete