Friday, November 30, 2012

It's Gingerbread Week!

My class has not seen one red or green piece of paper, decoration, or heard an utterance of December. 

But that will all change on Monday. 

We will kick off December at school with Gingerbread Week!

(Now let's all grab hands for a  moment of silence honoring all the specs of glitter, pieces of colored construction paper, hot glue sticks, torn wrapping paper, curled ribbon, and frayed nerves that are upon us) 

On Monday I am wearing my new shirt
Ok, well the truth is, if I can squeeze myself into the only shirt they had left, a juniors size, I am going to wear it on Monday.  If not, Gingy will be saying more than, "Oh Snap."

I made a literacy unit to go along with next week too! 
It's got enough gingerbread fun to get you through this week and part of next if you really  want to know!  I am sure you have your favorite gingerbread read alouds.  This packet has 6 different responses you can use for any read aloud.  It also has a cute little book for students to create their own gingerbread story book and 5 other literacy activities for word work, homework, seatwork,

Let's face it.  We are going to need activities to keep em busy while we glitter their reindeer noses, hot glue their ornaments, call each child over one at a time to paint their hand for a parent gift, and stuff their sock snowmen....

9 comments:

  1. I love it - gotta love The Gingerbread Man....that shirt is a total crack up!!!!!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shirt too cute!

    Mrs. Shelton's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your units...they have been so perfect for my classroom. I am curious what your holiday parent gifts are and what your sock snowmen look like. Do you have any pictures? I am in need of some fresh ideas....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that shirt!!! We are starting our Gingerbread unit this week as well! I will have to check out your new product!

      Delete
  4. I want to be in your class! :)


    ✞ Shayla

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like SO MUCH FUN! I love all your units. Gingerbread week...what a scream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought that shirt at Walmart this week, but oh my goodness, it's so small! I bought the extra large size and I am going to have to cut off the extra white sleeves or something... they are so tight! I usually wear a medium. :-(

    ReplyDelete