Thursday, April 12, 2012

Skyping Good Time!

I have a lot to share! 
First of all the COOLEST part of my day was SKYPING with Mr. John Gruener NASA Space Scientist/ Space Farmer!  You know wonderful Barbara from The Corner on Character?  Her husband is amazing too and he spent about 30 minutes on skype with my class today!
He orchestrated a lesson with fruit representing the Earth, Moon, and Mars.  Earth was the cantaloupe, our Moon was a lime, and an orange was Mars.     

See John Gruener in the top left corner! Amazing!  The stars represent where we have landed on the moon.
He had a power point presentation for my students that was filled with incredible images! 
 You must visit Barbara and her beautifully written blog. The Corner on Character.  Yesterday we did a dress rehearsal skype session after school and I got to see Barbara too!  Bonus bloggy meet up!

Back to Earth now...well most of us came back.  I may have left a hatch open.

Speaking of planets I want to share my Earth Day lessons that I like to do.







Click {HERE} to see more info on this Earth and Plants Unit

13 comments:

  1. I love your ideas. Can you come teach first grade at my school? :)

    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and my kiddos loooove Skyping. They pay so much more attention to the people on Skype than they do me!

    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. John skyped with my class too!!! Aren't they amazing? I just love Barbara!! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you create always looks so awesome! I love your units! Can't wait to check this one out. :)

    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are having an awesome week Reagan! I have so enjoyed reading about everything you are doing in class--you are one inspiring lady! Thanks for everything, I love visiting here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. can I tell you that I JUST bought the angry birds?!?! hehe!!
    And did you get my email? I just emailed you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skyping has been blocked by our brilliant district. Can you believe that?! Dumb.
    This is amazing. How lucky your kids were to have the wonderful skyping opportunity!
    Love your Earth Day activities.
    ❤Traci❤
    Dragonflies in First

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who are you??? Teacher of the Year? This is way too cool and I am loving the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The I ❤ Earth writing paper is adorable! What an amazing Skype session and very engaging for the kiddos.

    Sheila

    Sprinkle Teaching Magic

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love skype! The first grade at my school skyped with Winter (the dolphin) last year- I heard nothing but great things about it! And I toad-ally entered the giveaway- your librarian is amazing!!!

    -Staci
    Let's Teach Something

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, wow - feeling the LOVE in Friendswood; thanks Reagan and Jorden! Now I can honestly say that you've both been to my house, right?

    John had a great time with your little scientists . . . we appreciate the invite into your Corner! And if I get a bonus visit IN REAL LIFE to come to your school and do a character training, that'll put me OVER. THE. MOON! Fingers crossed.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reagan:

    I'm sure this is a great post.
    And I promise to go back and read it.
    BUT.
    FIRST.
    I have to say...

    You look terrific in that picture!
    Skinny!
    Great hair!
    FABULOUS!

    Now I will go back and read.
    : )

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ideas. Love these, I'm going to have to try them out. Thanks for sharing! www.savvyteachingtips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete