Saturday, April 21, 2012

Are My Kids Still Chasing Me?

Today I got up, drove to Austin (picking up teacher friends along the way) and ran in the SHAPE Diva Dash!!!
I'm the one in the white hat
I was nervous.  There were 11 obstacles.  I'll be honest...I haven't been running.  I barely make it to PIYO after school. So I was hoping not to be injured or mangled by the end of the run and obstacles.

When I told my mom what I was signed up for she just said...You are going to be one big scab by the end. 

  It was major GIRL BONDING time!  Tutus as far as the eyes could see.

There were fabulous costumes and very clever ladies!  It was really fun!  I loved this one group of moms with shirts that all said, "Are My Kids Still Chasing Me?"

And there were also costumes that crossed the line...wish I had pictures of that, but let's just leave it at silver hot pants, short skirt catholic school girls,  guys in drag (divas), lots of references to female dogs... you get the idea...

 Have you ever run behind someone in hot pants?    Avert your eyes people.

Here's the rest of my pictures
Teacher BFFs And Nurse Kelli!
one of the obstacles...this is after you have been running in the lake with a tube around you...soaking wet and climbing this thing! 

perfect weather!!!

friendly tug o war

our group

20 comments:

  1. You rock! Congrats on your fitness challenge.


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! What a hoot! Glad you had so much fun :))

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun!
    Congrats on finishing it. Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat-o, it looked like lots of fun!
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny! That is totally something I would like to do. I love you blog. I just started one! Come and follow!

    totallyterrificteachingtools.blogspot.com

    Lohren Nolan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, go you! I am 100% not a runner, so more power to you!!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time! :) I just wanted to let you know that your Fraction Sandwiches inspired me. While my kids were making them, I thought about putting them on a paper plate, but I didn't have enough. So I had the kids use a tub to trace around to make a plate. We didn't get them finished that day. On the way to work the next day, I had a little brainstorm. I had the kids trace four more circles and they made a book. We decided to call it "Sharing Sandwiches". On each page, it says something like, " I ate 1/3, mom ate 1/3 and dad ate 1/3." The kids also colored the fractions to be pickels, tomatoes, cheese, etc... I'll be posting a picture on my blog probably Monday. I'll be giving you credit for the original idea. Thanks so much!
    Kelly @ I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like it was a lot of fun!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! I'm totally impressed! I think you just put me to shame! I thought chasing a two year old was considered exercise and running and stuff like that! Now I had better get my BE-hind in gear...I think I am getting bloggers butt! I am loving the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like so much fun!! This really makes me want to sign up next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! Looks like you girls had a blast and doesn't it feel so good to overcome a fear?!? Looks like you had good weather too! :)

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  12. SOOOOOOOO FUN!!!!! You look like a tough chick!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!! :)
    Are my kids still chasing me? cracks me up! I thought this post was going to be about students chasing you around the classroom. I always say that to my kids, "Do not chase me around the classroom. RAISE YOUR HAND!" :)
    Happy Sunday!!!!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you guys had a great time. I am your newest follower! Stop by and visit my blog...

    learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw - HOW FUN!!! I totally would have done that with you!! I wish we had something like that around here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had a blast. I totally would have been the one with the big ol' scab! Very impressive.
    ❤Traci❤
    Dragonflies in First

    ReplyDelete